Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For those of you who don't know I have had a goider (basically a growth) on my thyroid for years. When they found it they did a biopsy and it was Benin. Recently however it started changing and growing - between this and my complaints of fatigue and depression my Dr decided to do some blood labs. My labs came back abnormal....you have two different types of chemical made by your thyroid if they are low they should both be low if high they should both be high mine weren't so agreeable, one was extremely low while the other was significantly high. Anyway this led to more testing. Last week on Friday they did an ultrasound which showed that the goider has more than tripled in size. For the last two days we have done a thyroid uptake. This basically is a simple scan done over the course of two days after a very small dose of radiation-iodine. My levels from this are supposed to be within 8-9 yesterday I was at 22.6 and today I was at 5. What does this mean I'm UNIQUE I guess. Anyway sometime in the next week or two I have to go and have another biopsy done. This shouldn't be any big deal and once we get the results I will let you know. Love you all Nessa

No comments: